Welcome to my little corner in cyberspace! My name is Ibelisse but my nickname is Mimi.
- I’m a Jesus follower. I stumble and fall at times but there is no one I’d rather walk in stride with forever. I especially love our deep conversations. He is a treasure chest and He lets me find His endless hidden gems everyday.
- I’m a wife. For the past 5 years I’ve been married to my musical sugarplum who makes my heart beat to the rhythm of love and life. He is my best friend and doesn’t let me get away with saying, “I can’t do that.”
- I’m a visual artist. I studied fine arts and art education in art school in Chicago but the best training I received was watching my father paint every day until he was 84 years old.
- I’m a caretaker at heart and I spent 15 years caring for my mami and papi at home. I understand the joys and pains of caretaking. It was in that season that I learned to truly live.
- I’m a student of the bible. Although I went to graduate school for theology and social work, I believe knowing God and loving people doesn’t require a diploma to become a master at it.
- I’m a crocheter. I learned by watching YouTube videos, so you can too. You can stop by the Shop. From time to time I’ll sell some of my creations. By all means, buy one or two or three! You have my permission to be greedy.
- I’m a reentry case manager. I work with federal ex-offenders transitioning back into society and it’s an honor to walk alongside them for a season. I try to encourage them on their journey and I receive as much from them as I give, if not more.
- I’m a late bloomer. I became a wife for the first (and last) time at the age of 39 and I still don’t know how to drive and we’re waiting for our babies to come one day. It’s never too late. Until then and after….
- I’m a writer, hoping to write, write, write, write until I’m old(er) and gray(er) and pop out as many books as babies!
I’m glad our paths crossed today and that you enjoy your time with me.
Much love and peace to you!